
To some people shaving is like second nature, they do it without even thinking. They stand in from t of the mirror pull out a disposable razor and shave away. But if your like me that is the total opposite, its a process. First of all disposable shaving sticks are to me what Kryptonite is to Superman. I touch that stuff and I have razor bumps all over my face (Folliculitis as doctors like to call it). For a while now I have done research on ways to shave to reduce this condition and from a whole lot of deep digging through numerous web pages and asking other people their techniques I feel from the wreckage I have come out with a consensus on some things that everyone agrees to. There are five easy steps and if you follow these steps it will definitely make a difference (well thats if you had problems in the first place):
1. Rinse your face with warm/hot water
-This opens up your pores and softens the hair so it doesn't break while shaving. For even better results shave during or immediately after a warm shower.
2. Apply shaving cream/gel
-This serves as a lubricant/moisturizer while shaving and also an indicator of the places you haven't shaved yet
3. Start shaving
- Its a good idea to start with the sides of your face. Press the razor to your skin, dont be to gentle that you don't cut any hair and dont be to hard and cut yourself in the process. Shave in the direction of the hair on your face, this prevents ingrown hairs (NEVER go up and down the your face when your shaving).
4. Tackle the trick parts
- When your done with the sides of your face you are now ready to tackle the trick parts such as your upper lip/mustache, bottom lip/chin and neck/throat. Try to stretch the skin in these areas so you can get a straight clean cut.
5. Rinse your face
- I would advice you to apply some after shave or for people like me that need extra help to keep those bumps away I use ointments like Bump Patrol (works pretty well), i have also heard of applying aloe vera these help you heal your sore skin faster and cover your pores from being infected by bacteria.
I know it seems so easy but you would not believe how many people shave the wrong way.
No comments:
Post a Comment